Monday, 8 December 2014

Peer Reviews

Designer- Nicola Comer
As I have been a late starter in to the course, I had to be put into a group of 3 so we could transfer our designs round to each other, so I got Nicola's. If I am being totally honest, I didn't really like the design and it took me quite some time to figure it out and understand what was needed of me. Even though she made a step by step guide for me, which was great, I felt a bit let down from the communication as we would only speak on Facebook or for 2 minutes in class. I felt like I was constantly nagging and asking if she would come to the late night studio with me to go through everything (like I did with phoebe) to make sure I understood everything that was required of me so it couldn't be backfired if I didn't do a certain thing correctly. Therefore, I had to figure everything out by myself which I was a bit disappointed with because it was supposed to be partner work (team work) and I am a big believer in team work. I did manage to overcome the design factor and create, in my opinion, a good piece of work and it looked exactly like the face chart so considering I have never done anything like this in my life I would say I did well. If I was to pick out some pointers and advice to Nicola it would be to; make the face chart clearer and communicate more with her following partner. I think that if I didn't have over come the problems on my own I would of struggled therefore would of got a not so good grade and I wouldn't of been happy or pleased with myself.


Make-up Artist- Phoebe Leung
I think Phoebe and I worked really well together and both understood each other so was easy and fun to work together. Phoebe got my design in the circle and I made sure that she understood every step of everything. So we would go in the studio and practice everything step by step and she even came round to my flat to practice more so I could go through my step by step guide so I knew she would feel confident to do my design, although it was clear, if you didn't know the thought process it would of been hard to understand with the gold that I wanted to co-operate into my design. Overall, we built a friendship which I thought was good because as a new comer I found it quite hard to speak to people because I am quite shy at first and created a great outcome of my design! Well done to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment