Monday, 8 December 2014

Complementary Colour Theory

Color Wheel with complementary color scheme
Complementary
Colors that are opposite each other on the color wheel are considered to be complementary colors (example: red and green).
The high contrast of complementary colors creates a vibrant look especially when used at full saturation. This color scheme must be managed well so it is not jarring.
Complementary colors are tricky to use in large doses, but work well when you want something to stand out.
Complementary colors are really bad for text.

complementary color scheme


Complementary Make-up Images - inspiration

  
    

 
 
 
 
My Complementary Look
 
 
 
 
 
 
I have just kind of rushed this look because of time and done half of the face and just added the colours to show an example instead of applying foundation etc... I reckon if I had more time I could of gone all out and I love the idea of complementary colours.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment