Analogous
Analogous colour schemes use colours that are next to each other on the colour wheel. They usually match well and create serene and comfortable designs.
Analogous colour schemes are often found in nature and are harmonious and pleasing to the eye.
Make sure you have enough contrast when choosing an analogous colour scheme.
Choose one colour to dominate, a second to support. The third colour is used (along with black, white or grey) as an accent.
Images of Analogous Make-up for Inspiration
|
As I have been researching Analogous Colours, I have come across this blog and is all about beauty and make-up and how to match the right colours to skin tones, I think it is very important to know this so I would like to show you some of the bits that is on it...
Analogous Colours
Analogous (or Adjacent) Colours are created by using three (or more) colours that are next to each (side-by-side colours) on the colour wheel.
Tommy’s Make-up Artist Tips on Analogous Colour:
By grouping analogous colours, it helps to create a better colour blending effect, and it tends set a stronger mood. For example, to create that sexy & romantic feeling of eye make-up design (e.g. boudoir eye palette as seen in the image above), by grouping the cool colours (plum, pink, mauve, plus some neutral colours) together, you can easily achieve that romantic bedroom colour scheme for the desired boudoir eye makeup look.
My Analogous Face Chart
I got my inspiration from the colour chart at the top of the page and chose the three colours for the eyes, cheeks and lips which were: orange, red and purple (my analogous colours) I think even thought hey are all different colours they work well and then I used the last picture of the inspiration images to create this look.

No comments:
Post a Comment